4- OTHER VICTIMS
There was a young woman who accompanied us during the tour, Sara. She was there to assist Kalbaj during the tour. We hiked for a week together and last evening they two had a fight and she left even without saying goodbye to the group. We didn’t know why. What I learned was very sad but not shocking – she was harrassed by him and that’s why she left early. She had to run away.
In December (10th) I thought I should warn her that her friend/colleage was a rapist and let her know about the blog. He told us they were close friends but she said they were not friends and after he harassed her, she blocked him. She was not surprised. She told me she thought she was the only one so she didn't tell anyone.
She asked what my tour organizer club has done for me and for justice when they found out about this. I told her they did nothing but they are still following him. She wanted to alert the Albanian Mountaineering Federation and actually alert everyone to stop the abuser but she became scared for some reason I do not know about. I believe she will come out and reach out to me again when she is ready.
This is what Sara wrote to me:
''Him pushing to touch me and talking about my body etc were not stopping athough I asked him to give me his BESA promises thus I panicked and was afraid to spend the last day of my comeback to Albania through the mountains with him alone''
I knew there must be many victims who think they're all alone. Just like Sara and just like me keeping silent for almost a year- they are out there. We kept silent and let him do more damage.
I hope you speak up, Sara, and all other women he harassed or worse, for the sake of justice.
UPDATE-1: She wrote to me!!
UPDATE-2: Apparently there are other complaints as well, in Albania and Montenegro. The women who have complaints from Montenegro - I'd like to talk to you, please contact me if you see this. My e-mail adress : penaway99@gmail.com
Yorumlar
Yorum Gönder